Friday, March 10, 2006

Two ducks


I wish I could take credit for this one, but I can't. Terry sneaked up on this pair swimming in the creek that runs behind his office. You can click on the picture to see it larger, with a lot of nice detail.

Don't say it too loud, but spring is starting to insinuate itself into Iowa. Last weekend, I saw a tree that was already budding. ("You'll be sorry!" I said to the tree. "We cannot possibly be past the last freeze!") We've had thunderstorms this week, and today was sunny and mild. Saturday is supposed to be even warmer.

Nice weather means Terry takes longer walks on his lunch break, and he always takes the camera in case some flora or fauna catches his eye. I can't convince him to start his own blog to show off the pictures. He's just happy that I will display them for him and do all the writing, to boot.

No comments: