Thursday, March 09, 2006

F. O. Report

At last, I have a finished object to report in the "Off The Sticks In 2006" campaign. It is the Perfect Pouch from indi.knits. It's a quick and easy knit, and takes just one skein of Noro Kureyon.

I've had the body of the bag done for ages, but it was languishing because I didn't think I had enough yarn for the I-cord edging and handle. That was my own fault, since I miscounted and made the bag a few rows too wide. Anyway, I didn't know how to make the attached I-cord for the seam edges.

Margie and I gathered up all of the green yarn we could find to see if we had a complementary color, and I found a skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride that looked pretty good. I found instructions for the attached I-cord, and knit a couple of inches of it, but it was taking forever. So I dug out the crochet hooks and seamed it with single crochet, which was much faster.

Here is the bag before felting:

And here it is after a long trip through the washer:

(and with the obligatory intrusion from Miss Katie.)

I may give it another spin in the washer to firm up the fabric a wee bit more, and I also need to figure out how to make that curly edge on the flap settle down, but it's done and ready to be used as it is.

Next up - a single sock or the sweater? The closer we get to spring, the harder it is to work on that lapful of sweater, but it needs to get done.

No comments: