Saturday, February 25, 2006

I got a new camera

Terry's digital camera broke a few weeks ago. He started haunting eBay for another one. His requirements: It must be cheap, and it must be better than what he had. Specifically, he wanted exactly the same camera I had - an Olympus C740 that we have had for a few years. And he wanted it for under $100.

After listening to him go on and on about needing another camera, I told him to take the Olympus and I would find something else. Since the majority of my pictures are of Katie and my knitting and occasionally stuff around the office or in the backyard, I figured a downgrade wouldn't kill me.

Last weekend, we were at CompUSA and I found a camera I thought I could live with - a Kodak Z7590. 5.0 megapixels (much better than the Olympus), 10X optical zoom (same as the Olympus), video with sound (better than the Olympus), and pretty intuitive to use.

Here is what passes for an action shot with my favorite model.


Katie never met my dad, but she instinctively knows one of PaPa Roy's favorite ways to spoil kitties - give them a drink of fresh, running water from the sink. She'll lap the water from the bottom of the sink if she has to, but when it is running, she is one happy cat.

Extreme close up!


Look at the action in that tongue.

I have no knitting news to report except that I looked through some of the knitting mags today, and was horrified and amused to see this:


(I apologize for the tiny picture.) It's a knitted cover for a bicycle seat, decorated with small crocheted doilies. I showed it to Terry, and before I could even offer to make one for him, he gave me the Glare O' Death and said, "No way."

In knitting, as with so many other things in life, just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! And those are fab photos, by the way. Make sure you put more up soon, eh?