Saturday, February 11, 2006

Powering through Saturday

The first thing I noticed this morning, before I even sat up in bed, was that my ear was really stuffed up. I tried all of my airplane tricks - yawning, chewing gum - to no avail. I finally took a decongestant. That helped some, but the ear has stayed wonky all day.

There were snow flurries this morning, sparse flakes that glittered under the street lights. It kept spitting snow all day, but it didn't amount to anything.

There were a couple of things I had been wanting to do for awhile, so I bundled up and went out to do them. After I had lunch with Terry (who was working), I headed to the Art Center. Rather than having a special featured installation, they brought some pieces out of storage (and unfortunately, stored a couple of my favorites) and rearranged everything. We have some fine works in the Art Center, but none of the crowds you see at the big museums. It's neat to be able to get up close with a Hopper or a Rodin, and linger with it as long as you want.

Then, I headed to the East Village and visited Gong Fu Tea. What a gem that store is. You like tea? They have tea. They don't have a menu - they have a 20-page booklet. My favorite kind of tea is oolong. They have 10 oolongs to choose from. One of them, Oriental Beauty, costs $36 for two ounces. I passed on that one. I did get a cup of lesser oolong to drink there, and a Papaya and Sunflower black tea to bring home. The label tells how much tea to use, what temperature the water should be, and how long to steep it. They are serious about their tea.

Back home, I did some writing and some knitting and some cat snuggling. As soon as this is posted, I'm going to go do some husband snuggling.

We are still having snow flurries, glistening under the street lights.

No comments: