Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Art and science

I went to the eye doctor this morning, and am spending a little time at home waiting for the dilation to settle down before going to work.

(Everything was fine. I don't have to go back for six months.)

When Sand and I talked about making 2007 the "Year of Art", I was eager to learn about drawing and painting. I got a pocket-sized Moleskine for my purse... and then ignored it. Drawing in public still seems somehow dangerous to me. I'm not a "real" artist, just a scribbler, I tell myself.

But we were early enough for church Sunday that I pulled out the notebook and sketched the lectern.

And now I'm showing it to you. There. One scary fear smacked on the nose.

2 comments:

Aser said...

Jeeze, in ink, yet! And you made a note and dated the sketch -- I'm impressed and envious. I never remember to do that.

Hell, I'm lucky if I remember to sign stuff.

Keep it up!

Mamateja said...

I admire your art.....I haven't taken art since the sixth grade in 1960.....there's a reason.....my students laugh at some the illustrations I somtimes put on the whiteboard. I took a photo of the gendarme sock in progress and posted. Thought you might enjoy seeing that way the yarn works out.