Saturday, October 14, 2006

Socktoberfest Stash Flash

Over at the Lime & Violet message board, Stareil reports that she performed an inventory, and learned she has 17 miles of sock yarn.

Since I covet every new skein of sock yarn anyone writes about in any internet venue, I thought perhaps I should refamiliarize myself with my own sock stash.

There it is - 45 pairs of socks waiting to be knit. That, plus four pairs I have on the needles, comes out to about 12 miles of yarn.

This exercise really talked me off the edge. I actually don't need more sock yarn right now. I do need to get knitting, though.

The secret project has been delivered, and can now be revealed.

It's a hat (Ann Norling's London Beanie pattern) and wrist warmers (Fetching, from Knitty), both made from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. They are now in the possession of my friend and fellow Piker, Sand.

3 comments:

Aser said...

And they are simply, simply beautiful!! Not only did you pick a color I happen to like well, and not only is the detail gorgeous, but also -- they feel so luxuriously soft and sweet on the skin. Thank you, Cheryl, for such a grand gift.

Nancy said...

Is that all the sock yarn you have? I have you beat by miles as I have close to 100 balls of Opal alone. The hat set is gorgeous.

Cheryl said...

Yes, Nancy, I am limiting myself to one crate of sock yarn. I simply cannot buy any more until I've cleared out some space.