Friday, November 18, 2005

Travels

Due to a death in the family (my aunt, the one who gave me the phlox), Terry and I are in the midst of a whirlwind trip to Texas - about 750 miles (1200 km) each way.

On the way down, we stopped for gas at this place in Oklahoma.

The sign really says it all.

And then we were in Texas. Home of Tex-Mex, barbecue, and big ol' steaks. When we got back to our hotel room tonight, I saw this next to the courtesy coffee packets.


I've stayed in lots of hotels in my time, but I've never seen one that felt it necessary to supply me with antacids. I can't wait for breakfast. I really can't. We found a place that serves hand-breaded chicken fried steaks with biscuits and gravy. Instead of antacids, the hotel should have left me a supply of statins.

No comments: