Saturday, November 12, 2005

Let's hear it for the wool

During a conversation with one of my faithful readers (yes, I do have them), I remembered that I had not given my final report from spinning class. At the end of the class, I had spun four little balls of wool.


The cream-colored yarn at the top and the black yarn are both natural colors, and I washed and carded them myself. The gold yarn was already washed, and I dyed it with onion skins and carded it. The white yarn at the bottom was spun from commercially prepared merino.

And speaking of merino...


At the end of the last class, Kay gave us each four ounces of wool - either the professionally buffed and fluffed merino or the raw black wool. I'd had enough wool washing to last me for awhile, so I snapped up the merino.

Katie loves the merino.


Last week, my friend Amy gave me a top-whorl drop spindle and purple roving from Annie May's. Thanks, Amy - I can't wait to try it out. Neither can Katie.


But, as you know, it is still November, and there are still crappy novels to be written. I had a couple of days of feeling puny, and got way behind on my word count, so I need to catch up some this weekend. I told Terry I would have 1000 words before lunch. Lunch is at 11:00, and I have to spiff up and drive there, so I have about an hour and fifteen minutes to write.

No comments: