Tuesday, June 21, 2005

She's baa-aack

I didn't hear back from Blogger, except for the automated message which was no good to me. This morning, the blog is back, so all is well again - or will be as soon as I rebuild all of the links. *sigh* That won't be until tonight, at the earliest. They are almost all bookmarked - it's just a time-consuming pain, and there are things I would rather do with my evening. I told you guys I didn't want a blog. Who needs more stress in their life from a frackin' computer? Like I don't get enough anyway at work?

Back to my evening - AFI's 100 Movies...100 Movie Quotes. My friend Hope will call me and we will watch together over long distance, as we have every AFI 100 Movies special. I'll predict right now that number one will be, "There's no place like home." Others likely to be highly placed:

  • Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
  • I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
  • You talkin' to me?
  • Use the Force, Luke.
  • I'll be back.
  • (It pains me, because I loathe the movie, but) Show me the money.
  • Do you feel lucky? Well, do you, punk?

I look through this list and realize that, except for Dorothy's paean to Kansas, they were all spoken by men. I'm sure there is a feminist diatribe in there somewhere. I selected these, though, because even if you have never seen the movie, you probably have heard the line. I believe this, because I have not seen three of the nine movies in question. Can you guess which ones?

If movies aren't your bag, you can always catch the premiere of Real World-Austin. Go ahead. I dare you.

No comments: