Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Mundane

We bought a new vacuum cleaner this weekend. I know, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I've been living on my own since the Ford administration, and this is the first new vacuum cleaner I have owned. My parents gave me their old ElectroLux when I was in college. I think it is older than I am. (Still runs, too.) Then they bought a newer ElectroLux for me from some friends who were moving.

Terry had two uprights, a cheap one and a really cheap one, when we got married. They are both gone. And last week, I noticed that the second ElectroLux was just pushing dirt around and not really sucking it up. It may be fix-able, but I wanted to vacuum now and not two weeks from now. So we went to Target, ogled the Dysons, then let sanity and a realistic bank balance prevail with the humble Bissell.

Glorioski! New vacuum cleaners pick up stuff the first time you roll over it! Whole big wads of stuff. I should bought a new one years ago. I honestly can't wait until I can vacuum again.

And that, my friends, is sick.

1 comment:

Aser said...

Having a German Shepherd in the house has made it necessary to buy a new vac every five years or so. Everyone wants to vacuum the first week ...