Thursday, May 19, 2005

Signs of spring


First peony of spring Posted by Hello
There are some peony bushes right next to our garage. I think they are actually on our property, but our elderly neighbor's son takes care of them. At any rate, we had some rain, and we had some heat, and now we have some peonies. Only the white ones, though. The fuschia ones are still ant-covered buds. In fact, if you look closely, you can see a couple of ants in this picture.

(T took this picture with his new camera, a Fuji CoolPix that was on sale for some insanely low price at Staples this week. He wanted a beater digital camera, small enough to take on walks or bike rides. Watch for more pictures in coming days.)

Seeing these this afternoon cheered me so, I hauled the grill out of the garage and cooked dinner. We had chili-rubbed pork chops, taco-flavored turkey burgers, and grilled asparagus. And we have leftovers, because that grill flavor will stick around overnight in the fridge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Your method of showing stressed syllables is way better than mine. Now that summer is coming your way, I wish you many a happy swim in the SEEment pond. I hope the POH-Leece stay away and the TEEvee always has your favorite show. Great pics. From one cat-owner 2 another thanks for dropping by Jer's place. - F-G-F

Aser said...

We used to watch the peonies in the backyard every spring, hoping that they would be open by Memorial Day weekend. I miss peonies. I don't actually know if they would grow here. Thanks for the pic, Cheryl.

Anonymous said...

I still want a beater camera. Currently I am using a blender camera which is good for making Margheritas. Is that how I spell it?

Cheryl said...

doctorpants, isn't margherita the pizza and margarita the drink? I don't know what would happen if you put pizza and limes in the blender with a camera.

Ase, the pink ones should be blooming this weekend. I'll keep you apprised.

FGF, I'm a yankee now, and only say POHleece and TEEvee if bubba and I are talking trash about our kinfolks.