Saturday, November 12, 2011

Do-over Done

Last month, I posted a picture of some wool that I had spun very shortly after I learned how to spin. I decided to try respinning it into something more usable. Today, I finished plying it, and gave it a nice, hot bath to get it cleaner than it had been.

Mystery black wool

There's not a lot of it, maybe about 50 yards, so it's probably destined to be a stripe on something.

I have reached new lows in dental emergencies. About a week and a half ago, I broke some dental work while eating a cracker. Seriously, a cracker. I finally got in to see the dentist Wednesday, and he set me up with a temporary crown, since it will be a couple of weeks before the real one will be ready. Anyway, today I was eating soup - SOUP - and the crown popped off. Of course, the dentist is closed on Saturday. T took me to Walgreens, where we found a number of DIY tooth repair items. I managed to spackle the crown back into place, but I'm eating VERY gingerly.

Who better for today's musical selection than Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem? This is my absolute favorite song of theirs, largely because of Animal's contribution.


CHEEP! CHEEP! CHEEP!

No comments: