Friday, December 16, 2005

Bear necessities

I have a bunch of wonderful knitter pals, and we like to gather at bookstore coffee shops for knitting and solving the problems of the world and each other. One reason we like these locations is that it allows us to peruse the latest knitting magazines, usually critically and humorously.

Knit.1 is always a good target for us, since most of us are well beyond the 18-to-35 target market. The current issue is no exception, but our collective attention was captured by the cutie pie centerfold:


Down at the other end of the table, the Nice Girls looked at the picture and then started thumbing through the magazine looking for the pattern for the knitted bear rug. "I can't find the pattern for the bear," Margie announced in frustration.

Up at the Mouthy Girls end of the table, Paula and I looked at each other. "There was a bear?"

I have good news for Margie. It turns out there is a bear (Knit.1 helpfully pointed it out on the picture above), and you can get the pattern here.

In totally non-related time-wasting activities:

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Free Glitter Graphics
http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Free Glitter Graphics

I dunno - I suppose there might be some reasonable need for this technology, but I can't imagine what it would be.

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Oh. It was about how to make the bear rug. I see.

Well, it's good you clarified that, because for a few minutes I thought I was going to have to learn how to knit again.