Saturday, February 06, 2010

Our latest shed animal


p2060123.jpg
Originally uploaded by chaimann
Long-time readers of this blog will recognize our garden shed, background for many photos, and temporary shelter to numerous animals over the years.

This was a new one.

We took a few pictures and then went off to a meeting.

Four hours later, the deer is still out there. Now we are wondering if it is injured or ailing. There is a hole nearby, courtesy of Chuckie, and it could have stepped in it and injured a leg. It doesn't seem agitated or frightened, though.

Any animal people have any suggestions?

Update:By midnight, the deer had wandered off. Animal lover angst averted. Whew.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

My only suggestion, Cheryl, when it comes to deer is to steer clear of them. A number of years ago there was an injured male deer hanging out near my fence. It was VERY hot and I was concerned because this deer had been there for two days and was not in the shade. I walked close to the deer to put out a bucket of water for it, and then next thing I knew it had struggled to its feet and was charging me with its full head of antlers looking very menacing. I escaped injury, the deer eventually wandered off...and I learned a huge lesson!!! Glad this one seemed to be okay :)