Saturday, July 07, 2007

Mo' FOs

T worked on the Fourth, so I knit. I finished the Opal 6 socks. Amazingly enough, this is the first pair of blue socks I have every finished.

Then, because the neighbor kids were shooting off firecrackers, I kept knitting late into the night and finished the Blue Jeans bag.

It still needs a handle (the pattern calls for a three-stitch I-cord) and a lining, but those should both be easy to accomplish.

At last week's yarn crawl, I limited myself to sock yarn.

From left: Opal Flamingo, Smooshy, Panda Cotton, and the current installment from the Rockin' Sock Club.

The Panda Cotton hit the needles tonight

The pattern is Broadripple from Knitty. The Panda Cotton (actually bamboo and cotton) has some elastic in it, so I'm hoping it works up similarly to the Cascade Fixation of the original. At the moment, it is looking like it might be a bit large, but it is really too soon to tell.

Tonight, Amy returned from her visit to Patternworks bearing gifts. It's a bamboo and wool blend, in very pretty shades of blue. Thanks, Amy!

No comments: