Sunday, January 21, 2007

Socks and more socks

It snowed last night, and I used that as an excuse to give myself a personal snow day. And a productive one it was.

First I finished these:
Plain ol' socks in Opal Zebra.

And then I finished these:
Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the Champlain Sunset colorway.

They fit, too.
As you can tell, the color doesn't always photograph the same. The second picture is more accurate. The roses and oranges predominate. The colors are stunning in person.

The remainders:
Opal comes 425 meters to a skein, so there is always a nice comfortable pile left. The Cherry Tree Hill was only 370 yards, and there won't be many souvenirs from it.

I also made the decision to frog the lacy leg on the Easter Egg sock. I don't like the way it looks, and if it hasn't grown on me after two years, it never will. I'm going to rip it back down to the heel. The second sock is getting close to the heel. Once they have come to a meeting place, I may try finishing them as two socks on two circs.

Yesterday, I dug out the sock yarns that were still in hanks and wound them into balls. Lorna's Laces, Socks That Rock, Koigu, Artyarns, Mountain Colors - mmm. Now I just need to decide what the next project will be.

No comments: