Sunday, June 18, 2006

Restorative knitting

The KnitWits looked over the unfortunate sock from the previous post, and weighed in with their advice:

1. Knit the second sock however I want.
2a. Have "fraternal twin" socks, or
2b. Like the second well enough to rip the first one back and make it match.

Grudgingly, I admit that it sounds like a reasonable plan, but I am still not ready to cast on.

Instead, I opted for some fast 'n' easy fun knitting (felted division) this week. I made a bowl from the the One Skein book.


It's just a shade more complicated than a rolled-brim baby hat, so it is excellent mindless knitting.

Then I dug out some old Kureyon and made a Booga Bag.


I'm probably the last knitter on the planet who has not made a Booga Bag. It's extremely simple, as well, and watching the color changes in the Kureyon is fun.

I did have a problem, though. I have completely consumed the three balls of yarn, and still need about two more feet of i-cord for the handles. Gah! I hate to buy another ball of yarn just for the few yards. I've put out the call to the KnitWits to see if anyone has a dab of this colorway in their stash. If not, I will have to bite the bullet and buy some yarn.

My advice - make the handles first, then knit the bag until you run out of yarn.

In other activity this week, I got my staples out and am now being held together by tape (which is starting to fall off.) I had an eye exam and ordered new glasses. Katie had her annual vet visit and is A-OK.

Monday, I go back to work. It will be nice to be back among people again. At least, I say that today. Check with me about Wednesday to see if my opinion has changed.

No comments: