Sunday, September 15, 2013

There she is

Madam Senior Editor advised commanded us in our weekly chat, "Update your blogs this week." So with minutes to spare, I am doing so.

I'm taken aback at how long it has been. Eep. Since then, I have started a new job, working in the administration office for a non-profit. I enjoy the work, the office is clean, comfortable, and younger than me. My co-workers are kind-hearted and fun. The last few months at BigCorpInc were dramatically stressful, and it has been very therapeutic to be in a kinder, gentler, and more local environment.

Tonight, I used blogging as my justification for keeping the TV on and watching Miss America. Don't judge me. I grew up in a state pageant town. Most of the parades I saw as a kid were pageant parades. Even when I was grown, I often watched Miss America with my mother, since it usually occurred during my September visit.

After having been away for a few unmemorable years, Miss America is back in Atlantic City, as it should be, and back on prime time. By the time it got to the final five, I was able to call the winner. Why would you not want to pick the Bollywood dancer? The ginger-haired step dancer would have worked for me, as well, but she did not make it to the finals.

And so, to bed.

I'll try not to stay away so long next time. I even have reasons.

No comments: