Saturday, November 06, 2010

NaKniSweMo


Cafe Bastille, day 4
Originally uploaded by chaimann
My decision to knit a sweater this month seems to have been a good one. I'm having a blast and making good progress. This photo was from a couple of days ago, and shows one repeat of the Trellis motif. I now have two repeats done, so it's double this size. The body of the sweater will have about 5.5 motifs, so I am well on my way.

I've been wanting to try NaKniSweMo for at least a couple of years, but kept getting sucked in by writing instead. I'm glad I switched this year. The other two sweaters I have knit have taken me YEARS to finish, because I lose interest and ignore them for months. The deadline on this one, even though self-imposed, has kept me focused on the task. The sweater promises to be really warm, and I'm looking forward to having it when the snow flies.

2 comments:

Tweetywill said...

Pretty sweater! So do you have a stitch count that you have to meet? Or something more tangible, like it has to cover your belly button?

Alana said...

Hi Cheryl,

You won a drawing prize on my blog, nevernotknitting.com. Congratulations!

I've been trying to get ahold of you.

Please contact me by Dec 15 to claim your prize or else Ill have to pick another winner.

Thanks!
Alana Dakos
nevernotknitting.com
nevernotknitting@gmail.com