Tuesday, July 25, 2006

No good deed goes unpunished

I took my annual CPR recertification today. It was mostly uneventful, although there have been some changes in the procedures since last year.

One thing hasn't changed - the hands-on part of the class is strenuous, even more so than in the past. I was already a little achy from some work I did around the house yesterday, and now my neck and shoulders are positively sore. My surgeon told me last month that I may continue to have occasional aches around the surgical site for several months, and it turns out that performing CPR will bring that out, as well.

If that is not enough - I came home with a battle scar - a nice little bruise.

If I popped a vessel for a rubber dummy, imagine what I might do in the event of an actual emergency.

No comments: