Tuesday, April 11, 2006

At last

Yesterday, I turned off the heat and opened the windows. Katie went from room to room, checking out the sights and smells. She sneered at Chuckie when he came out for his afternoon munch, but he was too far away to be threatened.

The temperature was in the mid-50s last night, and I had the best night's sleep I have had in ages. It was hard to get up this morning, but unfortunately, neither Terry nor I has a job where they will pay you to stay at home in bed and enjoy the weather.

Lent is drawing to an end, so let's check in with my sacrifices and disciplines.

Give up potato chips: Check. But if I go to brunch at Granite City on Easter Sunday, I will bypass their wonderful buffet and have a turkey sandwich with chips.

Give up E! News: Check. Of course, now I am watching American Idol again, so that may be a wash.

The third unnamed thing: Check. I did a good thing, and it turned out to also be the right thing (and not just for me) in ways I could not have anticipated.

Send out your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will get it back. --Ecclesiastes 11: 1

No comments: