Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Did anyone get the number of that truck?

Saturday's stuffy ear was also Sunday's stuffy ear, plus I developed a cough, but in these days of managed health care, you need a lot more than that to get attention on the weekend. I managed to crank out an article on podcasts for the Piker Press, which was published this week.

Monday, I didn't notice the ear so much, but I could barely hold a thought in my head or focus on anything for more than a nanosecond. Terry picked me up from work at noon, and I slept all afternoon and dozed most of the evening. I was too tired to go to Monday night knitting - that's how bad I was. Tuesday, I stayed home again, and went to the doctor, who told me, Yep, it's infected.

So, while I don't have much to report for the last couple of days, I'm all medicated now, and moderately well rested, and I'm going to try going to work today.

Since Terry was off yesterday, he had gambled on being able to get me a Valentine card while I was at work. Bad gamble. He had to go do some shopping in the afternoon, though, while I took a nap, and came home with a box of chocolates and the new "Breakfast At Tiffany's" DVD. I love that movie. Young George Peppard is Le Stuff Hot.

No comments: